Two Headed Monster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bamboo and Edelweiss

2 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Bamboo and Edelweiss - Page 4 Empty Re: Bamboo and Edelweiss

Post by amarilloo Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 am

((TOO cute ; u ; <3))

"I... I never felt like I had much of a choice, I just always felt the pressure of what was expected of me. I uh... I guess." Edelweiss hated talking about himself. He had vivid memories of his parents and their devotions to the church and not to him. But after 20 moons he still didn't decide to leave and that most likely said something about his choices in life. He gave Bamboo a shaky smile hoping he'd let it go if he was friendly or polite about it. He spent so many days receiving temple guests, talking to them about their own lives that sharing his own felt... awkward to say the least.

"The archives at an odd hour is fine by me." Edelweiss admitted, his insomnia was always something that had him awake at weird times anyway but he wasn't going to admit that to Bamboo. When dreams start to mix with other people's threads of fate it made it difficult to sleep entirely through the night. Bamboo's words about fear and hope only cemented that for him. Going to the archives at any time with his new found friend would be an excellent reprieve from his own mind.

Edelweiss snorted at the thought of a grocery list containing coconuts in its checklist. He can't imagine anyone going out of their way to buy them but he did just climb a tree for them. The corner of his mouth quirked up almost hoping the mystery in the bottle was a shopping list.

An impassive expression was plastered to Edelweiss' face as Bamboo told him his story. The anger started to leave his fists as he unclenched them. He felt at a loss to help him out, every solution that crossed through his head only seemed to have an ending that would make it worse for Bamboo. The acolyte seemed to accept whatever came at him, but Edelweiss thought maybe there was still something he could do if he did research on his own time.

"No, it doesn't make sense to me but you seem to have it all figured out." He uttered. Edelweiss had never been good at consoling people and he certainly had never cared about other's feelings enough before to actually learn the proper etiquette. He stiffly laid a hand on Bamboo's shoulder, mimicking what he'd seen other people do.

"You're doing a good job." He said ungracefully before quickly taking his hand back. His cheeks flared at his own ineptitude at common human decorum.

"We should probably head back up before they notice we're gone." He added hastily changing the subject and walking back to his rock to gather his things.

((we were using moons to count as years, right? I think that was the conversion rate xD))
amarilloo
amarilloo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanhadrin Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 am

Bamboo listened to Edelweiss stumble through words, realizing for the first time that the other felt as uncertain about somethings as he did. It surprised him - he always seemed so confident and self assured... and why shouldn't he be, when he was so magnificent? Still, everyone carried their own weights.

He returned the smile and began to slip on the sand covered robes as Edelweiss reassured him and touched his shoulder. He wasn't used to that kindness and he felt his stomach clench; he was grateful that the robes hid other reactions fairly well.

"Thank you. I hope Water thinks so too, heh." She never really complained much, so he hoped that was the case. His eyes trailed over Edelweiss as he went to get his drying clothes and got to his feet as he hastily finished putting his own robes on.

"That sounds like a great idea, actually. If we hurry I'll still have time to change into my spare robes before my chores. " And he wouldn't get in too much trouble, he hoped. "My shift is finished around 8 tonight, so if any time after that works you can just let me know? I can come get you if that's easier, but I don't want to interrupt your work..." might be better he didn't see just how messy his room was.

(( Yup, that sounds about right. Works for me! <3 <3 Hm, and we can FFW there if you like, or to a different scene too?)

Sanhadrin

Back to top Go down

Post by amarilloo Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:06 am

((ahhhh okay! FFW! I want to draw Edelweiss in his robes for a nice, new, pretty icon but I'll save that for tomorrow Very Happy))
((EDIT:ADDED!!!))
Edelweiss wished he had some sort clock in his room to keep track of the time. It felt like it was taking ages for the day to end and the only way he could track it was the bells that rang distantly on the hour. He finished his duties the same time as Bamboo did, making him agree that it would probably be best if Bamboo met him in the augury annex. The chambers where he usually did his divination for guests of the temple were near the pools reserved for Water and prayer, the very center of this room over a leyline for a hot spring, steam seeping out gently in its core.

Acolytes and priests commonly were in attending to the guests in and out of the chamber and Edelweiss had instructed Bamboo to come in and wait if he had finished his service first. This particular patron had a lot of questions and Edelweiss was sure he could hear the chiming of the 8 o'clock bell in the distance. He sighed and delved one more time into a fraction of time, a thread of future.

He pulled on the web, hoping this line of possibilities would be more forthright in giving answers. He pushed aside his hair, his third eye lighting up as it seemed to ignite him from within. His eyes glowed, a vivid phosphorescent fire behind his teeth as he spoke.

"If you let go of your nostalgic comforts you will be happier taking a leap forward. Holding on to the past may bring you happiness now but it's a crumbling foundation for your future." He spoke, a second voice hidden behind his own like someone else was leading his words. He conjured an image in the steam of six cups, upright at first and then suddenly the were upturned, their contents pouring out. Two children were picking flowers, as the liquid splashed on the grass at their feet, the children fell softly to the ground, fast asleep." Edelweiss waved his hand, grabbing at the smoke and dispersing the image. As soon as the vision disappeared so did his inner light, just the marking of an eye on his forehead remained which he deftly covered with a swipe at his bangs.

"If you still have questions about the matter," Edelweiss told the old woman before him, "I suggest coming back tomorrow, but I can't guarantee that you won't get the same guidance again. He gave her an even look as she got up to leave, giving him a curt and respectful bow, thanking him for everything he had advised for her. He inclined his head in regards to her gratitude, waiting for the exact moment she exited that he could jump up and go find Bamboo.

Last edited by amarilloo on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
amarilloo
amarilloo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanhadrin Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:21 am

((Yay, looking forward to it! He'll look so pretty... XD ))

Bamboo's duties had kept him pretty busy all day, as there had been an unusually large number of supplicants and some of the various rooms in the temple needed care and repair. HE often got stuck with the odd and less glamours jobs as he never really minded and never complained. He'd spent the better part of the day scrubbing some of the reception rooms and the backs of the kitchens, so his muscles were sore and aching. Halfway through the afternoon he had gotten the chance to work on some of the decorations for the upcoming festivals, and after that he had been sent to take out boxes and organize one of the many storage rooms.

He was exhausted by the time his shift ended, but as Edelweiss still had many guests visiting he took the opportunity to take his daily bath and prepare a small meal. He'd ground some of the coconut meat and mixed it with rice, carefully wrapping the various parcels in thick leaves so that the flavour preserved well. He set them in a small platter and snuck into one of the corners of the room to eat some quietly as he waited for the Oracle to finish. No one generally paid him any mind, so sitting relatively out of sight worked out just fine.

His eyes were fixed on the Oracle as he searched out the threads for the woman before him, a thrill coursing through him as he watched the change that came over his friend. It was otherworldly and amazing. Water help him, it almost gave him impure thoughts that he quashed down with a blush. He was an acolyte and not supposed to think of worldly things, least of all about the seer. It awed him to think that they had spent the morning together, shared a coconut and a brief touch, even if he hadn't been able to enjoy it in the midst of his fear.

As the woman's consultation finally wrapped up he licked the last of his dinner and carefully held on to the platter he carried as he waited for her to exit. He wondered if Edelweiss had much to eat through the long day, so he wanted to make sure he had something before they set out to find the books they needed.

Sanhadrin

Back to top Go down

Post by amarilloo Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:14 pm

Edelweiss remained with his head bowed, his face half obscured by his hood and shadow until he was sure the old woman's footsteps stopped distantly echoing off the stone walls. He stood gracefully, the long swathes of gauzy cloth making almost any movement appear lithe and elegant no matter what sort of stride he took. It did sort of mimic water he supposed but he also thought the regalia was better suited to his predecessor, although she could probably pull off a burlap sack if she really wanted to, even in her old age. At least the common albinism between seers kept the robes being passed down to achieve an easy unified look. White on stark white. Like decorated ghosts passing through the halls.

Dusting off his knees from sitting so long on the floor Edelweiss' ears turned in the direction of a noise before his eyes snapped up. Bamboo was waiting at the back doorway that led to the private quarters of the temple. The old woman nodded to him in turn as she exited through the front doorway.

"You got here earlier than I expected." He commented, cascading across the floor to where Bamboo was perched. Edeweiss sniffed the air. Among the discernible scent of the steam that slowly billowed in the center of the hall there was also the discernible scent of food wafting through the air.

"Did you have time to eat?" Edelweiss could feel hunger pains in the pit of his stomach and was dying to find the source of the smell.
amarilloo
amarilloo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanhadrin Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 pm

((Holy crap Sam, that looks gorgeous!!!! Aaaah you and your amazing talents of DOOM!!!  Haha Bamboo is trying so hard to be good you know... XD))

He waited patiently until the old woman exited the room, politely inclining his head in thanks as she did. After all his attention turned back to Edelweiss, watching the way the fabric draped over his skin and clung to his lithe form. It was a far cry from the  casual clothing he'd worn on their beach adventure, and it made him realize how restrictive the garment was. He watched the way is shaded Edelweiss' face to add an extra touch of mystery and elegance, the way the various adornments made him look otherworldly and ethereal. He looked beautiful but definitely constricted by it.

Still, it was very hard to be good when his breath caught watching how he moved, or the part of his lips.

"Hm?" He  realized his friend had spoken and grinned as he came closer. He met him  part of the way there and held out his parcel. "It was really busy today, so I had to work through lunch." He explained and he unwrapped them slowly. "But I got everything done and a few extra chores so I actually got to finish my shift earlier than I thought. Gave me some time to cook, though its nothing fancy."

He unwrapped one of the leaves and showed the other, holding it towards him.

"Its basically coconut and rice cooked together, and plantain leaves hold it into shape. Its pretty simple but I think its tasty and it shouldn't make a mess on your robes, I hope. Just wanted to make sure you had something to eat, since the day was so packed." he smiled shyly. "But if you don't like it I'm sure I can get you something else from the kitchens if you want to eat something different, before we get to researching?"

((Also the other icon with his third eye... AAAAH! <3 <3

Sanhadrin

Back to top Go down

Post by amarilloo Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 pm

((hahaha thank you! I was drawing it during my lunch break at work and my friend peeked over my shoulder and was like "WHY IS HE SO PRETTY?!" So Bamboo isn't alone, but I'm also behind my keyboard torturing him so you know... xD ))

"Oh, I skipped out on lunch too." Edelweiss eyed the food in Bamboo's hands. So that was what he smelled, "So many people, so many questions..." He wanted to add 'insufferable,' before 'questions,' but thought Bamboo might have something to say against it and he would much rather be eating whatever was making that smell.

"Oh thank Water you brought food!" Edelweiss promptly snatched it from his hands without a second thought and devoured it greedily. "See, this is why you should be up here attending me," he exclaimed, gesturing with what was left of the coconut rice.

Edelweiss thought he heard voices and footfalls coming down the corridor towards the augury annex. He flattened his fins and narrowed his eyes in the perpetrator's direction. Attending acolytes were coming for him, it seemed to be the exact hour they usually make their ascent. He grabbed Bamboo by the wrist and pulled him in the opposite direction towards the temple's private quarters.

"C'mon, let's go this way before they think I might actually want something else from the kitchen."

((hehehe like many things, he's gotta hide it! Very Happy))
amarilloo
amarilloo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanhadrin Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 am

]

((Nope, you are definitely not alone! Beautiful cranky oracle...XD ))

"Yes, there seems to be a wave of people lately. Even more leaving offerings, giving prayers... I guess lots of people are just anxious, maybe?" But they also left behind a lot of messes to clean up, and he ended up having to deal with them more often than not. He couldn't blame them for wanting Water's reassurance, but wished they were a little more considerate of the temple grounds and the people that worked there.

He grinned as Edelweiss snatched the food, beaming under the praise.

"I'm glad that I brought it then, and I'll make sure to make you meals that nourish and actually taste like... well... food." he began to think of all that he could make. Surely they'd let him use some of the fancier ingredients if it was for Edelweiss? Maybe he'd like a paella of some sort ... or muffins... or...

He was distracted by the sound of voices as he broke off his food-driven reverie, wondering if the others would get mad that he was there with Edelweiss. Before he could dwell on it the oracle had grabbed him by the hand and was pulling him away into the private quarters.

I'd follow you anywhere. He thought quietly, making sure he kept pace with the seer.

"I can try and put a requisition tomorrow, if you like, so that at least I can make and deliver your meals..." he offered. Any excuse to see him would be wonderful. "I mean, you can always request me for anything you like. I doubt anyone would argue.."

Sanhadrin

Back to top Go down

Post by amarilloo Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:16 pm

"Anxious, sure, but there's also the festival coming. Holidays make people feel things." Edelweiss noted cryptically, the annoyance leaving traces on his voice. Sometimes he wondered if the patrons actually came to worship Water or if they were just there for personal gain. There were some more pious or sincere people of course, he couldn't forget how Bamboo fit into this.

He snorted about the food comment, "Food that tastes like food is more of a joke than it should be around here." He licked his fingers clean, his other hand still gripped around Bamboo's wrist as he led him through hallways. He let him go the moment they were out of the annex. Bamboo should know his way around after all, it's not like he didn't live here either.

Looking at Bamboo, unconcerned, "I can write up a request for it as well when we're in the archives." He arched an eyebrow placidly, "Having a good recommendation will get you a good promotion, right?"

Edelweiss turned back down the hallway, unconcerned if Bamboo was keeping pace with him. They passed the rooms of the older, higher ranking priests, the empty room of the last seer, and finally to Edelweiss' own room, which he abruptly ducked into without warning.

Feeling the need to explain their detour at least a little he expounded for Bamboo's benefit, "I left the bottle in here for safe keeping."

His room was brimming in what looked like creature comforts. Mostly piles of rich looking, vibrant pillows rather than a mattress filled one corner. Layers of different colored curtains closing sections off from other parts of the room, mostly to block out light from the large, round window and keep the sleeping quarters secluded. The different swaths hid so many secrets and more questions still in every different corner. There were rows of brightly colored glass bottles full of numerous liquids and dried herbs hiding on a shelf next to where he slept. He easily selected the bottle from earlier, picking it out from the others smoothly.

Weighing it in his hands, Edelweiss considered, "Do you think they've mostly cleared out of the archives by now?" He didn't feel like being bothered by a lot of people after the long day he'd had.
amarilloo
amarilloo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanhadrin Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm

"Maybe I just think too much about food. Its one of my weaknesses, I guess. I used to do the cooking at home so I like any time I have the excuse to try something different."

That and his cooking didn't annoy anyone at the temple, so that was a plus on his book. It was only a recent happy development that he had found common ground with Edelweiss through food, and that he was genuinely thankful for. His wrist felt oddly forlorn when Edelweiss released it, though he made certain to keep pace and not lose sight of the other, uncertain where he was hoping to go as it was a rather roundabout route.

"My parents love the festival." he murmured under his breath, so I usually take it as an opportunity to hide. They always try to seek me out and try to get me to come home." he admitted. Though they were pious followers they had never respected his decision. "Last time they brought a girl they hoped to get me to agree to...never mind. I wouldn't be surprised if you've run into them." he shook his head, frowning at the thought. "So I welcome any excuse to hide from sight when I can. Even better if I get to be in the kitchens a while. But yeah, it would definitely be a promotion to work with you. I hope that doesn't anger a lot of people though..." he hadn't even thought of what the others might think of it.

He drew to a stop as they entered his room, eyes wide as he took it in. It was large and beautiful, and so very much like Edelweiss. His own were cramped and relatively bare except for his odd collection of random things, so he smiled as he looked over the shelf of herbs and vials.

"You have a nest! It looks so comfortable..." the words filtered out before he caught them, and his rather vivid imagination delivered the thought of Edelweiss' pale body draped over the colourful cushions. He swallowed hard at the image, trying very hard to think about other things.

"Hm?" tilting his head he nodded. "I think only the head archivist would be there this late, and he's probably leaving soon. No one ever really visits the archives at night, I don't think."

He watched as Edelweiss looked at the contents of the vial, unable to picture any treasure they could find that would compare to the sight of him.

Sanhadrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum